by Peter Gilbert
Multi-level marketing may be the opportunity of the 1990's. Many fortune have been made, and many, many more will be made by this simple marketing method. But it seems there are many people who have given MLM a sincere effort and still not have their effort rewarded. There are many reasons for most of them relating to the person's personal abilities and the quality and price of the product being sold. There are ways to overcome those problems and make MLM work for you, and here is what the greats in the field have done to achieve their incredible incomes.
- Sell only quality products at fair prices. The company supplying the
product must be reputable and offer prompt service.
- Choose specific items or product lines that sell for under $20 and will
lead to later sales of the same item to the same person.
- Show the product and give brochures to absolutely everyone you know from
your brother to your meter reader to the person at the gas company who opens
your check envelope. These people will eventually come to you.
- When using the mails to distribute brochures, always add a personal note
written in pen, with each one, encouraging them to read the material and
outlining what you know about their business that makes your opportunity so
good for them. Get them to read the literature. Personal sales notes are
incredibly powerful tools.
- When using the mails, be careful about using mailing lists. Most
commercial lists are overpriced and pull much more poorly than advertised.
It is wiser to advertise your opportunity in magazines with classified
sections, especially those with other MLM ads.
- Contact as many people as you can in a 24-hour day. You will not get rich
by getting others to make you rich. You will get rich by being successful
yourself and by showing others your success and your success will only come
- Fast money in MLM is rare; big money is not so rare. You may not even get
a first check for six weeks, and it will probably be small. The aim of your
efforts will be to build toward a network of distributors under you,
especially on the third through fifth levels where fortunes are won and
- Plan your campaign. Know exactly where you want to be in one month, six
months, a year, five years from now. Stick with every bit of the plan you
can, although you will find it needs revision as your success grows. If your
plan requires mailing X number of letters or holding X number of sales
meetings a week, do it, and fill every activity with the maximum amount of
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Never let yourself stay discouraged for more than a moment. Persistence is
the real key to MLM selling. The longer and harder you work, the more
certain you can be that you will win. Believe it or not, there are still
many fortunes to be made, so never blame a good product for your failure.
The losers are the dabblers and the dropouts.
- Unless specifically requested in your contract, don't stay too long with
just one product or product line without adding another. Add a new line as
often as your finances permit. Department stores make more money than
- Don't waste time! The more effort you expend in the crucial first few weeks, the more rewards you will reap "downline."
Tell others about
Comments? Questions? Email Here