How to Install PHP 5.3 on IIS 6
Use this concise list of steps to install PHP onto IIS6. I used these exact steps to setup a Windows 2003 server to serve PHP 5.3 web applications through FastCGI on IIS6. I found this FastCGI method to serve php pages much faster than the old ISAPI way.
Install FastCGI for IIS 6:
Install PHP 5.3
I chose the Installer option, not the zip, and I chose Non Thread Safe version, after reading this article:
Set IIS To Use FastCGI for php requests:
- Open IIS: Start Menu > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Right click on "Web Sites", and click properties.
- Click the "Home Directory" tab.
- Click the "configuration" button.
- Click the "Add" button.
- For the executible browse here:
For the extension put "php" (without quotes).
- Click the "OK" button. After this I was asked if I wanted to apply these settings to a list of website this change would effect. I rashly selected all, and proceeded. (Be careful on this. After I did this, I noticed that some of my ASP.net 2.0 applications were over-set to use old .Net 1.1 again instead of .Net 2.0, and I had to go change each of them back to use 2.0 again)
Configure FastCGI by opening this file with notepad:
Add the following 3 lines to the bottom of this file and then save:
php=PHP [PHP] ExePath="C:\Program Files\PHP\php-cgi.exe"
Put your php.ini file in windows folder:
After this, I restarted IIS, and then I was able to host php scripts.
Tell others about
About the Author
Comments? Questions? Email Here