by Kevin Donlin
Here are 8 tips to help any small or home-based business owner laugh at recession worries. Based on my new ebook, "How to Double Your Small Business Sales in 20 Minutes a Day with Follow-up Marketing," these tips are proven to generate sales at little or no cost.
- Send thank-you emails to all clients within 24 hours of completing orders. When's the last time you got a thank-you note from any business, big or small? See how easy it is to stand out?
- Identify and follow up with your top 20 clients every month, giving them tips, special offers, etc. As a result, your best customers will refer more people who are just like them;
- Follow up at least 7 times with prospects by email or phone -- this alone can double your sales. Use GoldMine, ACT, or similar contact management software to automate the process;
- Offer a $10 discount to clients who give you 3 email addresses of friends/colleagues to contact;
- Write a syndicated column -- it's easier than you think. Sites like www.isyndicate.com are always looking for new, capable writers;
- Commit to doing one speech or seminar per month. You can literally speak and grow rich on the referral business this brings you;
- Create "refer-a-friend" offer, in which each client saves 10-25% -- this can vastly increase the size of initial sales;
- Approach a Web site in your industry that has high traffic and offer to become their in-house expert on topics posted to their bulletin board or ezine. They save time ... you get new business.
About the Author
|Kevin Donlin, is author of How to Double Your Small Business Sales ... available at http://www.guaranteedmarketing.com/manual. Kevin has written for The Wall Street Journal's Business Employment Weekly, the Minneapolis Star Tribune, etc. and been interviewed by WCCO Radio, KMSP TV, Home Office Computing, cnet.com, etc.|
Tell others about
Comments? Questions? Email Here