Diet Sodas And How They Can Affect Kids
Many of us have grown up drinking caffeinated diet sodas as an alternative to sugary regular sodas. We figure this is a better choice rather than loading our and our children's bodies with large quantities of sugar. Whilst diet sodas do help us avoid a sugar overload (which can lead to weight gain) we should also be aware of the effects of caffeine contained in many cola flavored diet sodas.
Caffeine is a diuretic causing the body to excrete water. The net result of drinking several caffeinated drinks during the day is to deplete, rather than replenish the body's fluids. Where such drinks are the primary source of daily fluid intake, the net result may be a loss of water which may actually lead to dehydration. It is not uncommon for many of us to be unknowingly dehydrated!
Here are some common symptoms of dehydration. If you recognize any of these symptoms you may be able to improve your health by simply drinking 6 to 8 glasses of pure, fresh water a day.
- The most common symptom is headaches. A major function of water is to flush toxins from the body. Your brain is 75% water, so even being slightly dehydrated can cause headaches.
- Poor concentration/fatigue. If you body can't get rid of the toxins it will struggle and you will feel less energetic as your body diverts energy to deal with the toxins.
- Constipation. Your body will divert water to more essential functions and as a result your stools will be harder and more difficult to expel.
- Reduced urine output or dark urine. Did you know that up to 200 liters of water is passed through your kidneys daily? Without a fresh supply of water for the kidneys to filter waste products out of the blood, your urine will become darker.
- Furry tongue or bad breath. If you don't have enough water passing through the mouth to wash away food particles, bacteria can proliferate and result in that 'furry' feeling or bad breath.
- Skin. Your skin should feel elastic. When you pinch the skin on the back of your hand it should snap back instantly.
Tell others about
About the Author
Kim Beardsmore enjoys the flexibility of working at home. Are you interested in earning money from home? We're looking for individuals who have weight to lose to join our team of work-at-home-ers. If you're serious about earning money from home and are willing to work (this isn't 'get rich quick'), have a personal interest in becoming healthy, then we'd like to help you grow a profitable business. We offer complete training, online and offline resources and a partnership for success. Visit today: http://free2liv.com/?refid=soda-567883333
Comments? Questions? Email Here