How To Ignore The Depressing Comments
"All the day you sit in front of the computer!"
"You'll never make it. Stop dreaming!"
"Get real. You can't get money from the Internet."
"Haven't you done ANYTHING??" (and you've been working hours on the Internet..)
For a beginner Entrepreneur these statements can be crushing. They can get to you, especially when they come from your spouse. They don't believe in you, they don't think that you can succeed. They tell you to give up. But you want to give it a try, you want to show that you can. You want to surprise your spouse and friends - and show that you ARE able to make it! But how to keep up the spirit if you hear every day depressing statements from your beloved ones?
- Make a plan. Make a deal with yourself and stick to it. Write it down if it works better for you. Write down what you want to accomplish. Write down your goals and even your feelings. Organizing things helps a lot - also in business. Write down a weekly plan of things to do. Stick to it, apply it. If you start to slip from your business, you will start to slip from your goals.. and from your success. You have to work hard - and even harder when you are facing prejudice towards your work.
- Motivate yourself. Read articles and books which are motivational. Tell yourself that "I can do it. They don't know what it takes. But I can do it." Keep up the spirit. Don't let the words get to you - eventhough they come from someone as close as your spouse. Ignore their words in this. Join discussion groups where you can meet people who share the same goals.
- If you are new in the business, you also need to educate yourself so that you can succeed. Talking doesn't do any good. You can say that I' ll succeed but it's another thing to really succeed. Don't get depressed now! There are a lot of people online who are willing to share their information even for free. Internet is full of information and all you need to do is get it.
- Don't ignore your home. Eventhough you are running a business, you also have another life. Don't get glued to the screen. People around you want to spend time with you. Relax. Don't think that if I don't work like a dog I won't get my check. No, that's not why you chose to become a netpreneur. You chose it because you want more free time, more automation, work less and still earn more, am I right? Take time off from the computer. Have one day a week that you don't think about business.
- Don't keep talking about your business and your plans. People get bored. You may be excited about your chance to make a living online but not everyone around is interested. When you talk less about it and you start to make results - people around you will realize that you are serious and you know what you are doing. Don't talk to them that you can - SHOW them that you CAN!
Do everyday something to promote your business. Small things done all the time over and over again WILL bring results. Don't give up. Even though you don't get support from home, don't let it get to you. You CAN do it!
Tell others about
Comments? Questions? Email Here