The How and Why of Goal Setting
Athlete's learn early on in their development that Goal Setting is an important part of their overall training regimen.
Successful Business men and women you Know or have read about have always maintained that setting goals was a major step in their success, and continue to be as they seek out new ways to challenge themselves.
But what about the home business owner? Shouldn't they set goals in order to achieve success? I have read on discussion forums all to many times people want a quick fix, they ask how can I make x amount of dollars, or I want to do this or that what do you suggest? It is obvious by reading these posts, that These home business owners do not either know how to set goals, or are looking past The process of goal setting.
Every organization, small business or large corporation should manage by objectives, systematic performance improvement and target setting. A home business owner should be no different. Let's look at some of the reasons for not setting goals.
- To much pressure to accomplish their goals;
- Fear of failure;
- They don't have confidence;
- They are not sure of what they want to accomplish;
- They don't know how to set goals.
None of the above reasons are valid for not setting goals for your home business. Only unrealistic goals apply pressure on an individual. Fear of failure usually arise from a feeling that we lack control over our future. However, setting long and short term goals real allow us to control our own futures. Goals raise confidence levels in that they show you in a concrete way that success is possible. Achievement of short term goals makes confidence grow and give momentum for greater achievement. The goal setting process allows people to work out exactly what they want and what is important to them.
Setting goals is not complicated. It can be challenging, but the process of goal setting can be of value to you in building excitement and commitment, which are important factors in achieving success.
General Guidelines For Goal Setting
- Goals should be challenging, yet realistic and attainable. Hard but realistic goals produce better results.
- Write Goals down and post them where you can see them on a daily basis. Stick them on your computer using post-it's, or on the bathroom mirror, somewhere you spend a lot of time.
- Write your goals as positive statements that focus on success.
- Write out an action plan for accomplishing your goals. This is where short term goals come in, each short term goal achieved, keeps you motivated and confident.
- Set a time frame. Be specific but reasonable.
- Celebrate! Once you have reached a short term goal celebrate it, give yourself a reward.
- Revise goals when necessary. Sometimes things happen that you can not control, you must not let that deter you from accomplishing your goals, revise and rewrite.
- Prioritize you goals. List your goals in order of importance to you.
Goal setting makes so much sense on so many levels. Whether you are a novice or a "guru" Do not waste another minute, get started today! All the Best.
Tell others about
About the Author
Christian Csatari is an internet marketer and owner of http://www.inetriches.com a website specializing in multiple streams of income, affiliate programs, ebooks, income opportunities and the home business tips newsletter for the work at home professional.
Comments? Questions? Email Here