Tips for Working at Home
The wonders of the Internet and mobile phones make working at home far easier than in the past. Commuting , long hours and wasted time at the endless round of meetings can become a nostalgic memory.
However, working at home requires discipline. Images of watching day-time TV or pottering around the garden must be put aside. Self-employed people must keep focused on setting up the business and sticking to deadlines.
Remember, you have not said goodbye to the boss. Your customers become your new boss with similar whims and demands.
Essential tips for working successfully at home are:
- Don't become self-employed unless you are prepared to be very organized. Whether keeping records or chasing debts, the burden is on you to succeed. If you don't do these things, your competitors will!
- Get proper office space where you can work undisturbed. Avoid the living room.
- Buy a good quality PC and printer. This will ensure good presentation and save on reliability.
- Have good quality stationery, business cards and other branded material. You will be judged on them.
- A good chair and proper lighting will prevent back and eye problems.
- Tax assessment is often best left to a good accountant, especially for the newly self-employed. It will often save tax too.
- And finally, don't neglect insurance and pension provision. Remember the reason you choose self-employment was to enhance your quality of life - not to create a retirement nightmare in the future.
With all this planning to do, don't forget to enjoy it.
John Lynch © 2003
For some of the best Free internet marketing help. Extensive Free web marketing courses showing how to start and succeed in any internet business. Free ezine ,and a Free spam check on your emails/ezine. Go to: http://www.merchant-account-service.com
Tell others about
Comments? Questions? Email Here