by Cheryline Lawson
No one told me it would be exactly as the name indicates...."cyberspace." My fascination with the Internet took me to cyberspace and beyond. There were so many turns (hyperlinks), that it was hard to find my way back sometimes. I was literally lost and felt alone in a world where everyone was trying to find his or her way around too. I had a hard time keeping track and keeping up with all the things going on around me at the same time. Sometimes I felt like how a vacuum cleaner felt to dirt. Trying always to decide where to go next. It was ten years ago that I discovered the impact and power of the Internet. I had a desire to make money online and I began visualizing what it would be like to have all that money. I felt like a kid in a candy store when I first went online...but wait! That kid was in for a rude awakening. I picked up program after program, tried them for a while, lost interest then moved on to the next. Everyone claimed that their program was the best and I believed "everyone." I wanted to believe "everyone." I was in the mode to make money. There was something missing though and I wanted desperately to find out exactly what it was. This began "the case of the missing clue." I was determined to find out what I was missing. To find the clue, I had to first begin with all the facts I already had.
|Fact 1||What I was doing was not working|
|Fact 2||I was involved in too many programs|
|Fact 3||Everyone who claimed that their program was the best were mostly individuals like myself who were also trying to make money for themselves too.|
Tips For Promoting Your Web Site
I begin to research the different online businesses and programs. I specifically targeted those who professed that they were Internet Marketing Gurus. This is what I found out:
- Most Online Business owners have their own domain so I had to be wary of
those advertisers that had free websites: that doesn't mean that there
aren't great businesses who have free sites; it only means that I put my
guard up when I see one.
- The success to Internet Profits is a combination of things: not just one
- Partnerships and affiliate programs are great but you must partner and
affiliate with programs that are already proven moneymakers. Choose quality
and not quantity.
- Web site content is "extremely" important and too many hyperlinks will
confuse and frustrate your visitors.
- Daily promotion of your business is vital - even 10 minutes a day can
make a difference.
- You don't have to re-invent the wheel. Find something that works and
stick with it.
- Give something away for FREE. "Free" attracts more visitors but make
sure "Free" is something of value and quality. ? E-books are great "freebies."
They are good products that are more likely to bring your visitor back to
your web site.
- E-books are great "freebies." They are
good products that are more likely to bring your visitor back to your web
- Newsletters, especially online newsletters (ezine) are a great way to
communicate with your clients and provide resources and develop trust.
- Be honest - people like to know that they can trust you.
- Be original - there are no two businesses alike.
Make yours exceptional and unique.
- Don't ever give up. The moment you put in the
towel may become your very moment.
- Seek knowledge the more the better, but don't go
into information overload. Pick your spots and evaluate your options. When
you find useful information, put it away for a few days and then come back
again and look at it. Believe me, it may appear different the second time
- Assuming that you have a plan, stick to your
plan whether it is marketing, promotional or advertising.
- Surround yourself with positive successful
people. Negative people will pull you down with them.
- Think BIG - as BIG as you want to BE. You create
your own destiny. Name it and claim it.
- Make adjustments when you have to. If something
doesn't work, then change it and try something else.
- Be open to suggestions from people who have your
interest at heart.
- Ask for help when you need it. No man is an
- Organize your time well. Time lost cannot be
- Research, Research, Research. I cannot stress
this enough. Find out what your competitors are doing to be successful and
pattern them (not copy them).
- Be enthusiastic about your products and what you
have to offer. This will keep you motivated and will attract your customers
No one will promise you that is easy to build any business. You have to work hard at it but in the end your perseverance will pay off. I am a living witness.
With all this knowledge and more, it opened up my eyes to a whole new perspective and then I begin to put the pieces together. Day by day, I slowly used this new found information and gradually I began to see improvement in my website traffic and that is when it HIT ME!....."Eureka!" I had found the missing clue. I had solved the case of the missing clue and did not even realize it!!
I was tremendously awestruck at what the clue was..."KNOWLEDGE." That is what the secret is all about. The secret that most Internet Gurus claim that they have.... "KNOWLEDGE." All you need is "The knowledge" to be successful online.
There are more requirements to Internet Profits, which will follow, in my next article. I look forward to bringing them to you in a delightful fashion and to discuss how I used the case of the missing clue to increase my cash flow. Stay Tuned!
About the Author
|Cheryline Lawson is the author of quality e-books and owner of StartBiz, a new online marketing website that will help you succeed in your Internet Business. Cheryline invites you to partner with her at http://startbiz.hypermart.net or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .|
Tell others about
Comments? Questions? Email Here